Managers, leaders and executives are often burdened with the task of formulate strategy and goals. It is absolutely necessary to create plans and germinate ideas, but execution is another aspect that must be taken care of. Being secretive about plans and projects doesn’t really get work done, and that’s exactly why managers need to be transparent and communicative with everyone relevant to the work. With a strategy execution & planning software program, this gets easier. As the name suggests, a strategy execution platform is meant to facilitate work, and for your help, we are reviewing top features from the best products.
- Organization-wide dashboards. For effective strategy execution, it is necessary for executives and employees to know their work and role for the project, and a good software program should definitely have dashboards that makes collaboration happen. Collaboration is necessary, and for that transparency using simplified dashboard is critical for everyone involved.
- Ability to measure key performance indicators. It is necessary to evaluate KPIs, and a good strategy execution platform should allow that. Managers should be able to evaluate and understand if the work is going as per plans, so as to take corrective action as required. How the software allows to measure and tailor KPIs is another aspect to take note.
- Easy integration with other relevant apps. Most small, growing and medium-scale businesses rely on apps like Slack, Google Docs, Box, Dropbox and One Drive to get work done between teams, and a good strategy execution program should integrate with all of these at the least.
- You would want executives and people within the organization to be able to use the software, and therefore, the interface has to be simple and effective. The features must be easy to understand and tools need to be straightforward, so that there is no time wasted in handling the work on the software.
- Onboarding experience. How quickly you can start using a strategy execution platform is another aspect to take note. Make sure that the onboarding experience is planned and is done in a way that existing work & projects are not affected. Talk to the vendor in depth to know the extent of support they can offer.
As for the cost, every strategy execution software is unique, but expect to pay a charge per month, based on the number of users. Ensure that the software is relevant to the goals of your organization and the work culture.