As an entrepreneur or business owner, you would want sidewalk signs to stand out. Also often called sandwich boards, sidewalk signs are often used to catch the attention of those walking on the road. In other words, the relevance of sidewalk signs is more than a blackboard that talks of ‘menu of the day’. Today, many local businesses are opting for customized sidewalk signs, and in this post, we are sharing tips on how to create the perfect signs for your business.
- Focus on colors. When it comes to signage of any kind, nothing really matters more than colors and font. You have to select colors that stand out, and we recommend that you check for the top combos that may apply for your niche. For instance, black font on yellow background grabs attention instantly, but may not be the best choice for a pizzeria.
- Add humor. If you don’t want sidewalk signs to look boring and like everyone else’s, the best idea is to add some humor in one way or the other. You can go for quirky designs, pop-culture references, and even words that are specific to your genre of business.
- Make it innovative with few words. You don’t have to write a lot for sidewalk signs to work, but what’s needed is the right approach. The idea is to represent the USPs of your business, or that day. Check if you can keep some elements constant, and update other things on the blackboard.
- Own it. Don’t copy any local business – that’s the golden rule for creating and designing sidewalk signs. If you are unsure of how to go ahead with the design, or don’t have a team that can look into the research work, there are online services that can design and print sidewalk signs for your business. Just share your requirements, and they will send samples and quotes.
- Choose the right material. Believe it or not, this does make a difference. You don’t want to go forsidewalk signs that are cheap or can make your brand look odd. PVC designs can be really bright, while you can also have fixed metal ones that are relevant for some sectors.
Before you order sidewalk signs, make sure to check the design and colors in detail. If you want, you can order a mix of signage, so that you can keep changing the design and offers from time to time.